AHEAD Alpha is under the AHEAD Group of Companies, the leading and most awarded educational service provider in the Philippines. AHEAD’s other brands include:
AHEAD Tutorial and Review, AHEAD Junior, AHEAD Online, AHEAD Professional Network and AHEAD Books and Things.
Please visit us at AHEAD Education Group’s Main Website
History of Alpha
The story of AHEAD Alpha began with WorldPrep Learning Center, a progressive school in Loyola Heights during the early 2000s.
Its curriculum aimed towards preparing young children for the world ahead. David Ausubel’s educational approach,which highlights meaningful learning, influenced its teaching methods.
Alpha’s homeschooling approach started both AHEAD Junior and AHEAD Tutorial and Review which have been offering (homeschool) support programs for 20 years.
Homeschoolers turned to AHEAD’s and Junior’s tutors to teach their children subjects, like Math and Science, that they lacked confidence in. Alpha’s use of traditional education began with AHEAD Tutorial and Review, which, since 1995, has been helping students with their academics and preparing them for the entrance exams of UP, Ateneo, La Salle, and UST. For online learning, Alpha can trace its roots back to its founder’s advocacy for technology, which began during her college days, when she wrote her thesis using a computer, when her coursemates were still using typewriters. Alpha revolutionizes education because it brings together the AHEAD Education Group’s and WorldPrep Learning Center’s combined expertise in traditional education services, progressive learning, and homeschooling.
People of AHEAD Alpha
Ms. Rossana Llenado
Rossana Llenado is a multi-awarded leader in education and entrepreneurship. She has empowered students for more than 20 years to perform better in school and eventually study in the country’s most esteemed universities, allowing them to pursue rewarding careers. She has also been involved in the training and development of school principals and teachers around the Philippines.
A perpetual learner, Rossana founded AHEAD on the belief that every individual—given the right opportunities—is capable of great success. For nearly three decades, she has helped thousands of learners get better grades and study in the best universities. As one of the most esteemed educators in the Philippines, she has received numerous awards for parenting, leadership, and educational management. As she rears four children of her own, she impacts the lives of hundreds of young tutors and staff. A tireless advocate of education in nation-building, she is frequently invited to speak about leadership, parenting, mentoring, and youth development.
Her deep concern for education dates back to her college days in the University of the Philippines Los Banos, where she was cited as a distinguished alumna. She was a full scholar, working student, and active campus leader. She has also pursued master’s degrees at the Ateneo de Manila University and at the Asian Institute of Management. She was cited by her high school, UP Rural High School, as one of their outstanding alumna. She was also recognized as one of the Most Amazing Filipinas, Most Admired Entrepreneur, Most Inspiring Filipina, and Influential Woman Entrepreneur. In June 2018, she was awarded the Philippine Outstanding Woman Leader Award, and in August 2019 she was recognized as one of Asia’s Women Leaders in Singapore.
She hass been a guest speaker at local and international conferences and featured in TV, radio, and print. More than 20 organizations have been blessed by her contributions from both her student and professional life. She advocates the importance of education in nation-building, frequently speaking in national and international conferences about entrepreneurship, leadership, mentoring, women empowerment, and youth development.
Dr. Cornelia Soto
Chair, Ateneo Education Dept.
Former Chair, PAASCU
Cornela C. Soto, Ph.D. of the Ateneo de Manila University, as our Founding Director of AHEAD Alpha. She is the co-founder of LESSM (Leadership Strategies for School Managers) with AHEAD’s very own founder, Ms. Rossana Llenado. In its 15th year, the center trains school teachers and principals, along with our WorldPrep consultant. Dr. Soto completed her postgraduate studies at the University of the Philippines, with a Ph.D in Research and Evaluation. She was also a teacher and lecturer at Xavier School and the Ateneo de Manila Grade School department, to add to her list of accomplishments. She was also the Chair of the Education Department of the Ateneo de Manila University, School of Social Sciences, from 2010-2019. Dr. Soto is also a member of the Ateneo de Manila University Press Board of Directors from 2014 to 2017. Dr. Cornelia is also, at present, an ACETS (Ateneo Center for Educational Testing and Services) test item writer and reviewer since 1988. A renowned published author, consultant, and editor of 11 books, PAASCU-affiliated educator, and esteemed speaker in several academic conferences all over Asia, Dr. Cornelia C. Soto, Ph.D. is a befitting addition to our elite AHEAD Alpha Board of Directors.
Mrs. Lilia Vengco
Former Principal, DLSU Greenhills
Former Chair, PAASCU
Mrs. Lilia Vengco was the principal of La Salle Greenhills, a former founding principal of De La Salle University Laguna Campus, basic education consultation, and also one of the co-founders of Leadership Strategies for School Managers (LESSM) and Teaching Strategies for Student Achievement (TESSA) training programs. She earned her Bachelor of Science in Education degree, Major in Biological Science at the University of Sto. Tomas and obtained her Master’s degree in Science Education at the Centro Escolar University . She was also the former staff chair of the Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges, and Universities. Her excellent contribution as one of the authors of the Science series You & the Natural World, Science for the Active Learning, and Earth and Life Science for Senior High School was published by Phoenix Publishing Co.
Our teachers are dynamic, smart, educators who are passionate about what they do, strongly believing that teaching is a privilege. They are highly qualified professionals who sharpened their craft at the best universities, and know first-hand how to develop young minds into becoming adept learners.
- Licensed Professional Teacher and Certified English as Second Language (ESL) Teacher
- Graduated Cum Laude from University of the Philippines Diliman with the degree BA English Studies – Language
- Currently taking up Masters of Education in Language Education in UP Diliman
- Three years of work experience teaching Language and Social Science subjects in Senior High School
- Four years of work experience conducting one-on-one and small group English tutorials to elementary, high school, and adult students.
- Licensed Professional Teacher
- Two years of elementary teaching experience under the fellowship program of Teach for the Philippines
- Five years of program and project management experience with educational programs in the government, private and development sectors
- Was a research associate for the Ateneo Laboratory for the Learning Sciences, and contributed to the development and research for educational mobile games for underprivileged Filipino learners funded by the Commission on Higher Education
- Graduate of Ateneo de Manila University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology
- Has 1 year of teaching experience in various pre-schools and tutoring centers
- A Registered Psychometrician
- Was a researcher for Ateneo SALT specifically for the formation programs of the Ateneo de Manila
- Worked as the VP for Member Formation and Development of Ateneo Christian Life Community
- Interested in aiding in the holistic development of individuals
- Graduate of Ateneo de Manila University with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Psychology
- Graduated Master of the Arts in Psychology specializing in Developmental Psychology
- Worked as an assistant teacher in The Speech Clinic of Catherine Mae Sadicon.
- Currently a senior research associate in the first nationwide baseline study on mental health and wellness sponsored by the Department of Health and University of the Philippines Manila
- Has two (2) years of teaching experience in a clinical setting and a group setting
- Honorable Mention in AB Diplomacy and International Relations and AB History, Specialization in East & Southeast Asian Studies and Minors in European Studies, English Literature & Cultural Heritage from the Ateneo de Manila University
- Currently taking MA Linguistics in the University of the Philippines Diliman
- Experienced Languages Teacher and Student Leader from Ateneo’s Intercultural Relations Cluster
- Had experiences in Finland, Germany and Japan
- Chemist, Researcher, and Educator
- Recipient of the DOST-SEI Merit Scholarship in 2011
- Graduated with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemistry from the University of the Philippines-Diliman in 2015
- A student of MS Environmental Science in the Ateneo de Manila University
- Former Laboratory Chemist for Petron Bataan Refinery
- Former Research Assistant for the DOST-PCIEERD-funded project: Physico-chemical factors affecting the quality of Virgin Coconut Oil.
- Licensed Mechanical Engineer.
- Graduated Cum Laude in BS Mechanical Engineering from the University of the Philippines Diliman.
- Experienced in tutoring Mathematics, Physics, and Statistics in various High School Levels.
- An alumnus of the Philippine Society of Engineers – UP Student Unit.
- A founding member of Goal UP, a football enthusiast org based in UP Diliman.
- Has overseen preparations and execution of a quiz bee for high school students about mechanical engineering and mathematical concepts.
Copyright @ AHEAD Alpha