AHEAD Alpha is under the AHEAD Group of Companies, the leading and most awarded educational service provider in the Philippines. AHEAD’s other brands include:
AHEAD Tutorial and Review, AHEAD Junior, AHEAD Online, AHEAD Professional Network and AHEAD Books and Things.
Please visit us at AHEAD Education Group’s Main Website
History of Alpha
The story of AHEAD Alpha began with WorldPrep, a progressive school near Ateneo de Manila University during the early 2000s. WorldPrep’s approach of learning through play became the basis of Alpha’s progressive approach.
WorldPrep Learning Center was a pre-school that offered a holistic curriculum geared towards preparing young children for the world ahead. Its teaching methods were influenced by David Ausubel’s approach, which highlights meaningful learning and the use of advance organizers to tap into learners’ prior knowledge of or experience with the concept being taught.
On the other hand, Alpha’s online predecessor was AHEAD Online, which opened its digital doors to the public back in 2008 when a casual mention of “online learning” would elicit a frown. In 2020, AHEAD migrated all its programs online due to the COVID-19 pandemic. All these programs were warmly embraced by parents and students.
Alpha’s homeschooling approach is a product of experience from both AHEAD Junior and AHEAD Tutorial and Review which have been offering (homeschool) support programs for 20 years. Homeschooling parents would turn to AHEAD Tutorial and Junior’s tutors to teach their children subjects, like Math and Science, that parents were not confident with.
Finally, AHEAD Alpha’s use of traditional education began with AHEAD Tutorial and Review, which, since 1995, has been helping students with their academic subjects and their preparations for their college entrance exams to UP, Ateneo, La Salle, and UST. It also has a tutorial program for the PEPT (Philippine Educational Placement Test).
AHEAD Alpha is indeed the next revolution in education because it brings together AHEAD Group of Companies’ and WorldPrep Learning Center’s combined expertise in traditional education services, progressive learning, and online learning. As it starts its journey, AHEAD Alpha will revolutionize the learning as we know it.
People of AHEAD Alpha
Ms. Rossana Llenado
Rossana Llenado is a multi-awarded leader in education and entrepreneurship. She has empowered students for more than 20 years to perform better in school and eventually study in the country’s most esteemed universities, allowing them to pursue rewarding careers. She has also been involved in the training and development of school principals and teachers around the Philippines.
A perpetual learner, Rossana founded AHEAD on the belief that every individual—given the right opportunities—is capable of great success. For nearly three decades, she has helped thousands of learners get better grades and study in the best universities. As one of the most esteemed educators in the Philippines, she has received numerous awards for parenting, leadership, and educational management. As she rears four children of her own, she impacts the lives of hundreds of young tutors and staff. A tireless advocate of education in nation-building, she is frequently invited to speak about leadership, parenting, mentoring, and youth development.
Her deep concern for education dates back to her college days in the University of the Philippines Los Banos, where she was cited as a distinguished alumna. She was a full scholar, working student, and active campus leader. She has also pursued master’s degrees at the Ateneo de Manila University and at the Asian Institute of Management. She was cited by her high school, UP Rural High School, as one of their outstanding alumna. She was also recognized as one of the Most Amazing Filipinas, Most Admired Entrepreneur, Most Inspiring Filipina, and Influential Woman Entrepreneur. In June 2018, she was awarded the Philippine Outstanding Woman Leader Award, and in August 2019 she was recognized as one of Asia’s Women Leaders in Singapore.
She hass been a guest speaker at local and international conferences and featured in TV, radio, and print. More than 20 organizations have been blessed by her contributions from both her student and professional life. She advocates the importance of education in nation-building, frequently speaking in national and international conferences about entrepreneurship, leadership, mentoring, women empowerment, and youth development.
Dr. Cornelia Soto
Chair, Ateneo Education Dept.
Former Chair, PAASCU
- Former Xavier School Teacher
- Former Asst. Headmaster of Ateneo de Manila Grade School
- President of the Philippine Council of Mathematics Teacher Educators
- Co-Founder of Leadership Strategies for School Managers (LESSM)
Mrs. Lilia Vengco
Former Principal, DLSU Greenhills
Former Chair, PAASCU
- Founding principal of DLSU Canlubang
- Basic education consultant of the De la Salle University System
- Author and editor or many k to 12 textbooks
- Co-Founder of Leadership Strategies for School Managers (LESSM)
- Former Managing Director, AHEAD Tutorial and Review
Our teachers are dynamic, smart, educators who are passionate about what they do, strongly believing that teaching is a privilege. They are highly qualified professionals who sharpened their craft at the best universities, and know first-hand how to develop young minds into becoming adept learners.
- Four years progressive background in the academe on working with students aged 3-18 years old
- Former Middle School and High School counselor of Chinese International School Manila
- Former Guidance Counselor of Stonyhurst Southville International School – Batangas Campus
- Graduated Cum Laude from De La Salle Lipa with a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology
- Currently taking up Master in Psychology at Polytechnic University of the Philippines
- Licensed Professional Teacher
- Two years of elementary teaching experience under the fellowship program of Teach for the Philippines
- Five years of program and project management experience with educational programs in the government, private and development sectors
- Was a research associate for the Ateneo Laboratory for the Learning Sciences, and contributed to the development and research for educational mobile games for underprivileged Filipino learners funded by the Commission on Higher Education
- Graduate of Ateneo de Manila University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology
- Has 1 year of teaching experience in various pre-schools and tutoring centers
- A Registered Psychometrician
- Was a researcher for Ateneo SALT specifically for the formation programs of the Ateneo de Manila
- Worked as the VP for Member Formation and Development of Ateneo Christian Life Community
- Interested in aiding in the holistic development of individuals
- Licensed Professional Teacher and Certified English as Second Language (ESL) Teacher
- Graduated Cum Laude from University of the Philippines Diliman with the degree BA English Studies – Language
- Currently taking up Masters of Education in Language Education in UP Diliman
- Three years of work experience teaching Language and Social Science subjects in Senior High School
- Four years of work experience conducting one-on-one and small group English tutorials to elementary, high school, and adult students
- Graduate of Ateneo de Manila University with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Psychology
- Graduated Master of the Arts in Psychology specializing in Developmental Psychology
- Worked as an assistant teacher in The Speech Clinic of Catherine Mae Sadicon.
- Currently a senior research associate in the first nationwide baseline study on mental health and wellness sponsored by the Department of Health and University of the Philippines Manila
- Has two (2) years of teaching experience in a clinical setting and a group setting
- Honorable Mention in AB Diplomacy and International Relations and AB History, Specialization in East & Southeast Asian Studies and Minors in European Studies, English Literature & Cultural Heritage from the Ateneo de Manila University
- Currently taking MA Linguistics in the University of the Philippines Diliman
- Experienced Languages Teacher and Student Leader from Ateneo’s Intercultural Relations Cluster
- Had experiences in Finland, Germany and Japan
Graduated Cum Laude in BS Molecular Biology and Biotechnology from the University of the Philippines Diliman
Currently working towards an MD in St. Luke’s Medical Center College of Medicine
Teaches English and science subjects with AHEAD
Copyright @ AHEAD Alpha