Age groupsClass and level structure
In AHEAD Alpha, we have uniquely structured classes, which divide students into similarly aged peer groups.
Preschool to Grade 1
- 4-6 years old
- Number of Students per class: 10
- This group encourages mixed-age learning, where kids have more to learn from their older peers as their abilities and learning styles differ from each other. It also enhances the older kids’ leadership skills as they are encouraged to take charge of tasks.
Primary School Grades 2 to 4
- 7-9 years old
- Number of Students per class: 15
- As children grow older, they begin to have stronger peer relationships and become more independent. This age group is meant to allow children to gain friends, helping them practice empathy and understanding social norms.
Middle School Grades 5 to 7
- 10-12 years old
- Number of Students per class: 20
- Growing into adolescence, pre-teens learn to handle their emotions and start to work on their identity. This age group is meant for fostering communication skills, helping them understand outside perspectives and improving their decision-making.
Junior High Grades 8 to 10
- 13-16 years old
- Number of Students per class: 30
- Developing into adulthood, teenagers are now more willing to take on responsibilities and form more intimate connections. This age group focuses on giving them the opportunity to create fulfilling, and hopefully, life-long relationships.
SENIOR HIGH GRADES 11 TO 12
- 17-18 years old
- Number of Students per class: 40
- As they become adults, teenagers are excited to go on adventures and begin to explore their skills or career interests.
Copyright @ AHEAD Alpha